Saturday 10 September 2011

Why I love London

London is just full of so many amazing things, I think to see them all would take a very long amount of time, but what makes London so fabulous for me? I love that fact that there is just so much history here, you could walk down a street and stumble upon all sorts you never even knew existed. There is always something to do or something going on, I wouldn't know where to start with all that is to offer here, and if I tried to do it all and see it all, I would actually have no time to myself, but what made me think more about how brilliant London is? Well this right here...

The home of Beatrix Potter
A few weeks ago, Neil and I were on our way to meet some friends at a pub, I can no longer remember where we found this, but we were on our way to this pub from West Brompton station when I spotted it! The place where Beatrix Potter once lived! How cool is it to just be walking along without a care in the world when you spot something like this? I could have been looking at something over the other side of the road and completely missed it. Thank goodness I keep my camera on me 27/4 so I was able to go all touristy and take pictures. I remember when I was little I had the whole Beatrix Potter collection in a white box and Mum used to read them to me, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would be where she once lived.

London is a bit like this amazing mystical place to me, and though sometimes during the week while I'm in my regular work routine I do tend to forget where I am, though I try hard not to, it becomes so easy to just go along with the whole eat, work, sleep cycle, it's moments like this when I come back to reality and realise I am in London. And though I have my ups and downs with this city, at the end of the day it is simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment