Friday 9 September 2011

Cream Tea

I've always been very fond of tea and must admit since I've been living in England my tea intake has dramatically increased. Over a month ago, for the first time, while in Bath, I had proper cream tea and it was so lovely, I then followed this up a couple of weeks ago while in Brighton by going for for cream tea again, and I will admit, I love doing this. Some of you might think that cream tea is something their Grandmother drinks, and no i most certainly do not fall into that category, but it most definitely seems to be one of the old fashioned things that seems to be making it's way back into fashion.

So what have I started doing? Making my own homemade scones to have at home with my tea. I love doing this! I have made scones a couple of weekends now and it is so much fun! Bearing in mind that I love baking anyway, but I had never really made scones before, and they are so easy, I can have a batch of scones made in 20 minutes tops! That's thanks to my trusty Edmond's cook book, which I made sure was in my bag when I moved to London. So scones and tea is now my new thing, whether it be baking them or going out to a cafe and buying them, I most certainly enjoy the whole appeal.

But to my friends, watch this space as you will more than likely be receiving an invite for a weekend afternoon to come over and enjoy a nice hot cup of tea and some freshly baked scones made by yours truly x

No comments:

Post a Comment