Friday 15 April 2011

Scary Movies

Last night I watched Paranormal Activity for the second time. Why did I do this? I have no idea. I am a chicken when it comes to horror and thriller films, I close my eyes and block my ears and try extremely hard to think happy thoughts. Paranormal Activity is by far the movie that scares me the most! When I first saw it at the cinema, I left feeling rather nervous and found it very hard to sleep for a week because every bump in the night or breeze outside I thought was some ghost or demon trying to come after me, not to mention while I was watching the film I screamed at the end because of something that happened that gave me such a fright (I won't say what for those that haven't yet seen this film).
So last night I would have been found hiding under the duvet cover with me eyes tightly closed and my hands firmly blocking out any noise that was coming from the screen. Ghost movies like this seem to get me shivering in my boots every time, I don't know why, just gives me the heeby jeebies and yet I still can't seem to stop myself from watching them. Maybe it's the adrenaline rush, like why do people go on rollacosters if they scare them to death? Maybe for me it's horror films. Who knows?

I must say though that I am kind of excited to see Scream 4, 11 years ago was when the last Scream film was released and I remember not being old enough to get in and see it so my friends and I tried our hardest to sneak in the cinema; we failed miserably. So as much as scary movies leave me with sleepless nights and thinking that some sort of monster is coming to get me, I'll keep watching them.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, Love you Julainne.
    I totally agree with you on that! Ghost movies scare the crap out of me too!
    Also thanks for reminding me how old I am, I was old enough to get into the FIRST Scream film... :)

    ReplyDelete