Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Mousetrap

So on Saturday evening I went and saw Agatha Cristie's 'The Mousetrap', and being the plays 59th year on West End this makes it West End's longest running play.
It definitely turned into a spoil myself weekend, but then thinking you could spend much more at a night out at the pub I'd much rather go to the theatre any day. I had to work during the day, but on my lunch break I rushed out to get two tickets, one for Neil and one for myself. It was Neil's first time seeing anything on West End so I got front row seats. The theatre was smaller than I had anticipated, especially since the play had been running for so long, but overall it was very nice. I can't give away anything on the actual play as I have been sworn to secrecy by the cast, but I can tell you it was great, though not as mysterious as I had hoped, but a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night for a change.
I need to start doing more things like going out to West End, I definitely think that the next one though has to be a musical, though since I want to see everything West End has to offer I'm not too sure where to start, but Les Mis, Wicked, Chicago and The Lion King are at the top of the list for the next outing.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you forget to mention that you ran to buy tickets, once you got there realised you forgot your wallet and ended up having to purchase them on the internet which you could have done in the first place! lol
    By the way I recommend Billy Elliot and The Lion King =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't forget to mention it, I just thought I'd keep this wee blog short and sweet and skip out the detail of how I'd managed to lose my mind that day! :)

    ReplyDelete