Tuesday 12 April 2011

London and spring

The weekend was absolutely stunning! After a long hard winter, I had managed to convince myself that I may actually never get to see the sun again. Well the sun finally decided to grace us all with its presence just in time for the weekend. So while I had to work on Saturday, I made sure that I was out in the sun for Friday afternoon and all day Sunday.

Richmond Park is where I spent the majority of my lovely sunny Sunday afternoon, for those who have never been it is a must! A great big park located in South West London, it's like being out in the wop wops, when you're still in London. So my friend Heather and I meet in Victoria, grabbed some picnic snacks and cider from the supermarket and headed out to the park, for a lovely picnic lunch and an afternoon stroll. We did spend around 4 hours walking around and I don't think we even made a dent in what's to be seen out there. Though the highlight was when we stumbled across two deer in the middle of this open field. We tried to sneak up to them, well to get as close as we could without thinking that our lives were in danger and also scaring the deer away. So after getting a few good snaps of the deer and having a lovely walk around through the park, we decided it would be a wise move to try and find our way out before it got dark as we both had absolutely no sense of direction! So all in all Richmond Park was absolutely wonderful and I'll most definitley be heading back there to spend a lovely sunny day.

Later on in the early evening I caught up with Neil and went for another wee walk through one of the local parks. It was so nice to see some sun for a change, so I wanted to make the most of it. So we got an icecream and sat in the park for a bit. It was still too nice of an evening to head home so Neil took me to a bar on the canal in Maida Vale which was really nice to sit there, drink a cider, and enjoy the lovely spring day. Just when I thought it couldn't get anymore like a perfect spring day, a swan went swimming right by us along the canal.

Spring you are my most favourite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment