Wednesday 25 May 2011

Half Way Through

Well it's official, I have now gone past the half way mark for my stay here in the UK. On Saturday I had a wee celebration with Zaira and Ben who also have roughly around the same arrival date as myself; my stepping off the plane date being the 11th May 2010. Today (25th is my visa stamp date) I have exactly 11 months remaining of my 24 month adventure. It's a rather surreal feeling when it comes to thinking about everything I have achieved since I've been here and that I will soon have to prepare myself for the homeward bound journey.

I find it really hard thinking about heading home and having to leave behind everything here, but I have to tell myself that at the end of the day I came over here to see the world and travel as much as I can and that I did in fact come over knowing that I would have to make my way back home, thinking this makes it slightly better, though don't get me wrong the thought of leaving it all behind is extremely sad.

On a brighter note I am really feeling like I'm starting to get some decent travelling in now and really getting to explore the UK and Europe. Apart from the going home in 11 months I am happier now than ever! I'm living in an amazing place that I never want to get sick off, and I still get excited when I walk down a street that is on a monopoly board, I am so close to Europe and have such easy access to some amazingly beautiful places. I have the greatest friends here and would be completely lost without them. I am having the time of my life.

So for the next few months I'll be living it up here as much as possible and will try and get on with my UK life as if I've just got off the plane (which does feel like yesterday), though I know time will fly and before I know it I will need to get my A into G and get planning on the heading back home (providing the earthquakes actually stop by then), to Christchurch or wherever...

All in all I'm extremely happy being here and also extremely sad that I am now on the downhill slide towards the end of my Northern Hemisphere Experience.

Myself, Ben and Zaira at our 1 Year in London Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment